With Melbourne Spring Fashion Week coming up, what better way to celebrate the glitz and the glamour than at the FASHION CONNECT MSFW Event.
I was lucky enough to interview Oscar Calvo (Managing Director of OC Communications & Events who are presenting FASHION CONNECT MSFW) to learn more about the event and why no fashion lover should miss it!
1. What is your role for FASHION CONNECT MSFW?
I’m the Event Manager for Fashion Connect MSFW. My role as event manager includes seeking suitable venues, sourcing and liaising with contractors, marketing and sponsorship, delegate registrations and onsite management. To manage this, I have a comprehensive timeline which I constantly refer to and update to ensure that I’m on track. My role also takes on all of the marketing aspects of running an event, such as PR, Web, Social Media, etc... I also do all the artwork for web and print, and I take on the most tedious jobs such as packing the 200 VIP bags! It’s important for me to have variety in my role and I definitely achieve this in my career as no event is ever the same!
2. With so many things to do during Melbourne Spring Fashion Week, what makes FASHION CONNECT MSFW a must attend event?FASHION CONNECT MSFW will provide you with the opportunity to find the fashion fix you crave! As it brings to the forefront the unique eye catching and avant-garde of Melbourne fashion motivated by creativity and individuality.
Experience an intimate cocktail soiree that combines fashion and art whilst promoting and celebrating a new generation of talented Melbourne fashion designers, photographers, stylists, editors and bloggers. Meet fashionistas and industry guests, talk about everything from their latest projects to what really goes on behind the scenes of a fashion shoot.
3. What can guests expect on the night?Guests can expect a fabulous crowd dressed extravagantly. They will enjoy a night of celebrations with special giveaways worth over $4000! The first 200 guests will receive luxury VIP goodie bags chocked full of high end treats valued at over $200.
Entry includes a selection of delicious beverages on arrival. Chambord Cocktails, Finlandia Vodka & Cocobella water. Guests at FASHIONCONNECT MSFW will also be treated to Mini Dippers. YUMMY Bite sized balls of Trampoline gelato on a mini waffle cone, dipped in smooth couverture chocolate and decorated to look all FASHION!
For info on prizes please click here.
4. As well as being a fun night, FASHION CONNECT MSFW will donate its proceeds to The AIDS Trust of Australia. Why is it import to support such a great cause?The AIDS Trust of Australia raises funds nationally for the HIV sector. The funds deliver essential response services to Australians across the nation living with and affected by HIV and AIDS.
More than 20,956 Australians live with HIV today. There are 21 people newly diagnosed every week. Chances are that you know someone affected by the virus…
The Aids Trust of Australia relies on the generous support of individual, group and corporate donors, sponsors, and volunteers. FASHION CONNECT MSFW is proud to participate and support this charity. Together we can help and change the shame about HIV. After all these years the stigma surrounding HIV is still huge. The drugs may have changed but people’s attitudes haven’t.
5. Do you have any style tips for those trying to win the amazing best dressed prize of a MAC makeup gift box valued at over $1,000?
Look fabulous, feel confident, be original, NO LIMITATIONS!!!
Thanks to Oscar for taking the time to tell us about this fantastic event.
With prizes donated by MAC, Madam Virtue, Bib Stillwell MINI Garage, Chadstone, Freedom Dental, Marc Jacobs Fragrances, Manhor and FASHIONTREND Australia, there is even more reason to attend FASHION CONNECT MSFW!
So what are you waiting for! Click here to book your tickets now!